Benefits, Reward & Recognition Advisor
Benefits, Reward & Recognition AdvisorApply now
Are you a dynamic individual who wants to grow and develop in a company that's revolutionising retail?
Do you have proven Benefits, Rewards and recognition experience within a fast-paced, multi-site retail/commercial environment
If you have answered yes to these questions, Majestic Wine would be delighted to hear from you!
Overall the goal is to attract, retain and motivate high quality employees whilst reducing turnover and enhancing the Majestic profile as a great place to work. With the support of the People Director define a fair, equitable and competitive total compensation and benefits package that is aligned to Majestic’s strategy and business goals. Take ownership of the Reward and Recognition ethos by developing a consistent compensation philosophy ensuring that Majestic is always considering different and better ways of rewarding our employees and providing benefits that fit with the culture and values of the Business. Collaborate with the Talent Acquisition team to ensure that the Reward and Recognition framework aligns with the intentions of the Majestic Business and its EVP to enable better retention and acquisition.
- Manage all of the employee benefits and use various methods and techniques to make data based decisions on direct financial, indirect financial and non-financial compensations
- Manage the administration of all Company benefits and work with the Payroll team to ensure that accurate taxable benefit values are ‘payrolled’ as necessary
- Manage the company’s Auto Enrolment pension scheme and all associated processes
- Manage the communication of all company benefits to staff and keep all information on Intranet up to date
- Work with the payroll team on the processing any P11d’s for benefits that cannot be payrolled and process Class 1A NIC’s
- Manage relationships with 3rd party providers and negotiate with brokers to ensure that we continue to drive the best value for our Benefits
- Ensure that compensation practices are in compliance with current legislation (pay equity, human rights etc)
- Responsible for continually monitoring and evaluating the effectiveness of all company benefits
Reward and Recognition
- Continue to assess through surveys and feedback to find out what motivates and engages employees
- Be able to design reward and recognition programmes that fit with the Business culture and ethos
- Prepare annual benchmarking data for Majestic through participation in salary and labour market surveys which would be communicated to both the People Director,
- People Team and Board to ensure that Majestic remains competitive and fair in compensation.
- Conduct ongoing research into emerging trends, issues and best practices which would be fed back to the People team
- Responsible for all Gender pay gap data and annual submissions
- Responsible for keeping all bonus schemes up to date across the Business
- Responsible for the administration of annual salary review and bonus payouts (with the support of the payroll team) both quarterly and annually
Knowledge & Skills Required:
- Minimum 2 years Benefits experience desirable
- This would include experience of working with pay benchmarking and compensation and grading surveys
- Knowledge of building compensation packages and bonus programmes for different roles and seniority levels
- An understanding of job evaluation systems
- Familiarity with payroll software a plus
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Ability to work under pressure
- Reliability and honesty
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills
- Good Analytical skills
- Excellent organisation skills
Who are we?
Majestic Wine is the UK’s leading specialist wine retailer. Majestic was founded in 1980 and, alongside its Commercial and French divisions, had a turnover of over £300m last financial year.
Alongside strong growth in multi-channel sales, Majestic believes there is still a key role of a retailer that is loved by customers and loved by suppliers. We pride ourselves on our enthusiastic, knowledgeable and friendly people, who, working as part of a close-knit team deliver exceptional customer service in a vibrant and fast-paced retail environment. More information can be found at www.majesticcareers.co.uk
In August 2019 Majestic announced it will be continuing its story under new private ownership and was purchased by US investment firm - Fortress. The sale included the Majestic brand, stores, website, Commercial and French division. Fortress is now backing the vision for the future of Majestic and they see a lot of headroom for growth. The investment group pointed to Majestic’s ‘strong cross channel journey, expert staff and widespread brand affection’ when deciding to buy the business from its PLC status.
- A competitive salary based on your experience
- Staff Discount
- Performance related bonus
- Life assurance 3x your salary
- Free parking on site
- Contributory pension
- An unparalleled fun company culture that's focused on empowering and developing our employees.
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Location: Our Head Office is based in Watford, just 20 minutes from London Euston. From Watford Junction, we are a 15-minute walk to our Head Office. Taxi's are provided to the station.
We look forward to receiving your application! #ProudtobeMajestic
No Agencies Please - We thank you for your interest in working with Majestic Wine, however, we have a PSL who will be supporting us if needed. We will not pay fees or acknowledge any CV's supplied to Majestic Wine unless you have been briefed on the role by a member of our Talent Team.