Cost AccountantApply now
We have an exciting opportunity for a Cost Accountant to join the UK’s largest specialist wine retailer!
Are you a Qualified Accountant (ACCA, ACA,CIMA)?
Do you have strong core finance skills of management accounts and budgeting experience within the Retail, Hospitality or FMCG Environment?
If you have answered yes to these questions, Majestic Wine would be delighted to hear from you!
As Majestic Wine, Cost Accountant you’ll play a key role in supporting the senior management team in driving business performance by providing analysis and insight into Majestics cost base as well as working with existing and new suppliers to identify opportunities for cost savings.
As a newly created role in our Finance Department this represents an opportunity to really add value through creating new insights and processes to help understand business performance and costs
- Budgeting and reforecasting in line with annual business cycle
- Support the Budgeting and reforecasting process in line with annual business cycle
- Develop a deep understanding of all costs and their drivers to help inform channel profitability and identify areas of opportunity to make cost savings.
- Support on cost modelling for business cases
- Introduce robust cost reporting process flagging overspends and future risks to costs.
- Introduce a procurement reporting framework on cost base
- Develop support centre headcount reporting and sign off process working alongside the people team
- Represent finance within the retail team attending and contributing in relevant stakeholder meetings
- Provide ad hoc analysis and insight to the CFO and Senior executive team
- Support FP&A team to support the monitoring of head office cost base and group reporting
Knowledge & Skills Required:
- A Qualified accountant (CIMA/ACA/ACCA) with 2 year+ post qualified experience ideally in a similar role
- Experience with Procurement and other cost saving projects
- Experience in working in a retail environment or fast paced sector e.g. FMCG
- Preferable experience multi site industry
- Strong core finance skills of management accounts and budgeting
- Evidence and ability to provide financial insight/analysis
- Strong communication and presentation skills and the ability to create compelling business cases
- Able to liaise with and influence colleagues at all levels of the organisation
- Comfortable working under pressure
- Advanced excel skills
- Comfortable in handling and summarising large quantities of data
- Positive attitude, enthusiasm, self starter and good team fit
- Desire to progress and develop self and drive the business forward
- Knowledge of SAGE advantageous
Who are we?
Majestic Wine is the UK’s leading specialist wine retailer. Majestic was founded in 1980 and, alongside its Commercial and French divisions, had a turnover of over £300m last financial year. Alongside strong growth in multi-channel sales, Majestic believe there is still a key role of a retailer that is loved by customers and loved by suppliers. We pride ourselves on our enthusiastic, knowledgeable and friendly people, who, working as part of a close-knit team deliver exceptional customer service in a vibrant and fast-paced retail environment. More information can be found at www.majesticcareers.co.uk
In August 2019 Majestic announced it will be continuing its story under new private ownership and was purchased by US investment firm - Fortress. The sale included the Majestic brand, stores, website, Commercial and French division. Fortress are now backing the vision for the future of Majestic and they see a lot of headroom for growth. The investment group pointed to Majestic’s ‘strong cross channel journey, expert staff and widespread brand affection’ when deciding to buy the business from its PLC status.
- A competitive salary
- Performance related bonus
- Up to 20% Staff Discount
- 25 Days Holiday per year and we also have a Holiday Purchase Scheme
- Life assurance 3x your salary
- Contributory pension
- Free parking on site
- An unparalleled fun company culture that's focused on empowering and developing our employees
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Location: Our Head Office is based in Watford, just 20 minutes from London Euston. From Watford Junction, we are a 15-minute walk to our Head Office
We are proud to offer a new Agile Working Policy for Support Centre colleagues; a blend of office and home working which will include a number of days working at the Majestic Office (post CV19 lockdown restrictions)
We look forward to receiving your application! #ProudtobeMajestic
No Agencies Please - We thank you for your interest in working with Majestic Wine, however, we have a PSL who will be supporting us if needed. We will not pay fees or acknowledge any CV's supplied to Majestic Wine unless you have been briefed on the role by a member of our Talent Team.